Saturday, June 14, 2008

Playa Avellana-again

Hi Y'all.

I woke up at 7 to surf at this place I LOVE. It was even better than yesterday. Pedro was there again, and I really think he emits more of a snore, rather than a snort, which was surprising and cute. I really like him. He is as big as a shed.

I was out for 3 hours again. A few days ago, I asked the jewelery guy to make me a necklace of yellow beads, since yellow is my favorite color. I gave him half a few days ago, and then paid the balance when I saw him today. The necklace is very pretty. He calls beads 'nickels', which is curious, but nonetheless, he is an honest guy. I find the people here to be gracious and fair.

I came back and took a 3 hour nap and then surfed Marabella. I was the only one out, so it was once again, surreal. I kind of wish I could hook up with a group of people that surf, but the way I am doing it does not leave much time for social interaction.

I just watched "The Hunted" with Benincio del Torres and loved it. It's a good movie. Actually, they were filming the bridge scene in Portland when I lived there and I got stuck in the movie traffic for an hour.

I am laying low tonight, getting up at 5 to try and surf Playa Negra. Hopefully it is more friendly.

I miss everyone, especially Cathleen, but I am entertaining and wearing myself out with the surf and the heat.

Hope you all are well. If it's just good surf stories tomorrow, I will write on Monday.

Ciao Bella,

Kelly

No comments: