Monday, June 16, 2008

Cloud Forests of Monte Verde

Think of any animal you can and believe me, I saw them all today...and up close! There are 12 kinds of hummingbirds....all different sizes. I got some great pictures of frogs, birds Coati's and beetles! I held a bunny. I even got to hold a tiny little kitten who kissed my ear and then promptly bit into my nose like a tortilla chip. I needed some pliers to get him off of me, but eventually he let go. My nose is, well, punctured. But, I have to say it's worth it b/c I have been wanting to hold a kitten for a long time now...even if he was a vampire.

I am SO tired that I can't type another thing. I will elaborate more on the forest and creatures tomorrow. And the family I met! It was a 5 hour drive on the lawnmower and I feel like I'm 80 years old. I can't believe tomorrow is my last real surf day here...it all went by so fast.

Sorry to hear the SF winter blues are hitting my friends, but I will try to bring a little pura vida sunshine back with me for y'all ;).

XO,

K

1 comment:

shaggy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.